Thursday, October 4, 2012

Today's thoughts on politucs


I am really getting tired of politics and all the name calling and going back and forth. It is impossible to avoid it; TV, Radio, paper, facebook, google+, everywhere. My honest opinion is that we are pretty much just fucked. Our government has turned into a fascist oligarchy. Doesn’t matter which of the two you pick, democrat or republican, we’re just screwed. It’s like being told you have going to die and you get to pick which way; drowning or hanging. Doesn’t matter the how it’s the result that is the problem. Same with picking either of the two top candidates. Which rights do you want to lose? make your choice which you want to give up.

Two quotes by JFK...

“My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”

“Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.“

We have people rising to power in the US or who are in power in the US that want to take us socially back to the Bronze Age. They want the 1960’s back too. What future will we miss by only looking to the past. Sure we can learn from the past. Especially through past mistakes. But what of the future? Energy? Transportation? Sustainable food? The Environment?

Today I disagree with the first quote. I don’t want to do anything for my government which in my estimation is now the “country.” Like I have said - a fascist oligarchy. Aristotle pushed the term oligarchy as a synonym of rule by the rich. Although the exact term is plutocracy. Fascism with this is an authoritarian state that in one definition is anti-liberal. Put fascism with plutocracy together and what do you get? The good ol’ US of A.

What my country can do for me? Well it could stop it’s present course and go back to personal freedoms and small size. Along with that I believe in this day and age we do need social safety nets. Let’s take care of Americans first and stop being the big bully, do it our way, thug on the block.

What can I do for my country? Be a good example of a citizen. Vote. Obey just laws. Teach my children well. Pay my fair share of taxes for the common good. Be environmentally conscious. Support good leaders who want to maintain freedom. So yeah, am voting libertarian and green. Some will say it is throwing a vote away. No it is making a statement for change and if enough people are tired of the crap, and do the same, change will occur for a better future and a better country.

No comments:

Post a Comment