Tuesday, October 27, 2009

From a book I am writing. In talking of relationships I wrote the following:

"Wil sat down and neither of them had words at first. Its amazing the dead silence that one can feel even when music blares. They sat, drinks abandoned... Words unspoken... trusts, perhaps dreams laying in shards as a fine vase dropped."

How much life flows around us as we go through it? And then when its over, what do we have left?

What do we want to have at the end of life? Money? What is it really worth? Notoriety? Ho wlong will people remember? Love? Perhaps this is lasting.

A song from Evanescence called my immortal speaks to relationships too.

I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

[Chorus:]
When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have
All of me


Relationships are difficult. How do we keep them alive? How do we not let them dissolve into something without meaning and life?

I have students who I dearly love. I have taught them for years and one I am on the brink of losing. Which is very unfortunate. We used to talk a lot. Do lunch. Call. Text. And now hardly anything. How do you rebuild a relationship that was there and now isn't anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment