Friday, October 2, 2009

Washington Seminar

Its about 5 in the morning and I am sitting int he Flagstaff Airport. I'm heading to Moses Lake Washington to teach a rapier seminar. The people will get the first public look at the manuscript. I will be teaching a little of the theory and some of the p;ractical sections from the treatise.

I'm glad I can still travel to teach. Angina is still a problem but is manageable. And my breathing sucks big time. After I get back I need to talk to the pulmunologist again and see what he suggests. It gets very old not feeling well most of the time. Luckily I sleep pretty sound.

Well its Oct 6th and I am back from the seminar. Things went very well. I presented new material that no one has seen before. The students really liked it. I then taught a mix of Fabris, Giganti and Capo Ferro for the rest of the weekend. They really enjoyed the drills and all. Unfortunately many during open fencing moved back to old habits and did not try to employ whatthey learned. I fenced a number of the students and although I got a little angina they were not able to score any good touches on me. And I scored a number of nice hits.

All in all, the weekend was wonderful. I was able to relax and forget about things even though I was busy teaching the whole time. Met some new people and saw some that I already knew. A lot of fun and brightened my life being able to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment